Aston, 40 hours per week
We are currently recruiting for a Laboratory Technician. The main purpose of the role is to carry out routine analysis work as part of a team of Technicians, whose primary focus is on Quality working with Productivity, Process, Health and Safety, Hygiene and Good Housekeeping.
The successful applicant will be required to work flexible shift patterns (including night shift) to meet the needs of the business with overtime requirements. Currently the shifts are:
- 06:00am to 14:00 pm,
- 14:00 pm to 22:00 pm, and
- 22:00 pm to 06:00 am.
The Main Duties:
- To ensure equipment is maintained.
- To ensure the calibration of analytical instrumentation is in accordance with schedules.
- To ensure the correct specification is used and report any anomalies to the Team Leader/Quality Manager along with performing chemical and microbiological analysis of beers and ciders at all stages of process and production.
- Performing repeat analysis where required. There will be a requirement to Taste the product at all stages of production, highlighting non-standard flavours and aromas.
Key Skills and qualifications:
- To succeed, you will enjoy a fast-paced environment, have a team approach, and possess excellent communication skills and hight attention to detail.
- We are looking for someone who can work under pressure and keen to learn new skills and be adaptable to change.
- Proven ability to maintain accurate and comprehensive record keeping skills in both paper and computer formats are essential using IT systems.
- Preferably holds qualifications to A Level standard in a scientific discipline such as Chemistry/ biology and hold a Science degree or have equivalent experience in food science, food technology or similar discipline with a background in Laboratory work would be advantageous.
If you are passionate about delivering an excellent service and want a challenging and rewarding career, then this role may be perfect for you. If you feel you can contribute to our ongoing success, we look forward to hearing from you. Please complete the form below.
Closing date for applications is 16th April 2021.